One of or Garden specialties is a group of hardy Aroids (family: Araceae), belonging to the genus Arisaema called 'Cobra Lilies'.
Many species are originated from the mountain areas of Asia as the Himalaya region, India, China and Japan, and there are two species originated from N. America. Most of the species grown in the Garden are flowering early spring, and some early summer. This page intends to give an impression of the species of this group grown in the turrface next to the Rock Garden. Information about accessions is availeble organised by Genus.
|Arisaema sikokianum||Arisaema ringens|
|Arisaema ciliatum var liubaense (just published)||Arisaema candidissimum|
Click the images to get the full size.
Following additional images are available from our side:
Have a look on:
- Arisaema Enthusiast Group (AEG) page at this site
- List of images of Arisaema species on WWW, and other very interesting Arisaema Links
- Arisaema Identification Page
- Two transfered (HTML) keys of Arisaema of Japan: Jisaburo Ohwi and Jin Murata originated at AEG Web
- Arisaema records selected from the Index Kewensis (full records text file, publication summary text file)
Last modified: 15-02-2016 by E.J.Gouda
Accesses since Jan 2016: