This is the
of DXedit.php. It can be used on this location (Site) for testing purposes only.
You can select
a project from the File menu
or enter a new one.
Taxasoft DXedit is primary an open source DELTA and DeltaXML editor, but can do much more than that.
It extents the Delta format to real multy language Taxonomic Data Management
that is not supported by the standard Delta format, but it is
in the newly defined DeltaXML.
This is standard XML format based on Delta and the data can be exchanged between the both formats
using the Taxasoft tools or simply this editor.
What can you do with DXedit:
- Manage your Delta data in Projects and working on it with different people from all over the World
- Loading and saving standard Delta and DeltaXML both locally (xampp installed) or in to a server on the Internet
- Easy translation facilities into other languages.
- Viewing highly and automatically formatted Natural language descriptions in all languages included
- Merging Delta Projects (different Delta data files into one)
- Data Mining (optional) from natural language text format into Delta in an interactive interface,
both from a text input field, or from a MySQL database
Open source means that the source is free for other developers
and that you can use the program on your own PC, MAC, Linux or other platform computer.
You need PHP and SQL service and for your PC you can use the very easy to use XAMPP (Apache friends) packet.
Most Internet providers support the use of their PHP & MySQL services.
Of course you can contribute to the project if you think the use of Taxasoft is useful to you.
Monetary contributions are welcome, but you can also help with testing the program or help develop it further.
Hope the project will be valuable to your Taxonomic work.
Eric J. Gouda
Utrecht Univ. Botanic Gardens