5139 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2009-08-05|
(Dimensie: 2030 x 1384 pixels - Teller: 10838)
(Geladen als: Puya aff. densiflora)
Verzamel locatie: Peru - Arequipa - "Cruz del Condor" (NW of Arequipa) on rocky soil, Alt. 3680 m
Fotograaf: Frieda Billiet
Opmerking: Posted by EJG
(Klik op de foto om te vergroten)
- Opmerking (5137): Eric Gouda (2009-08-31) - Leo Dijkgraaf noted that he wrote about this unknown species in JBS55(4):166, 192. On the back cover there is a nice picture of it with a condor flying over. (Verzonden: email@example.com)
- Opmerking (5137): Eric Gouda (2009-08-31) - See also image 720
- Determinatie (5138): Noema Cano (2010-05-20) =Puya weberbaueri
- This is Puya weberbaueri (Verzonden: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Opmerking (5138): Eric Gouda (2010-05-20) - I think it is not Puya weberbaueri, the spikes are clearly stipitate and the floral bracts are not really imbricate as in the description. I have checked the type and the floral bracts are exceeding the sepals and soon glabrous. (Verzonden: email@example.com)
- Opmerking (5138): Allen Hirsh (2011-11-29) - This is at 12000 feet. Any idea what the winter climate is at this location? Does it get the high altitude cold waves so prevalent in Arequipa? How much higher in altitude does this species grow? Is it on a north or south facing slope? As a general observation, for those of us who actually want to garden with these plants, i.e. no greenhouse, no mediterranean climate, the paucity of ecological information in these posts and the fixation with taxonomy is infuriating.
- Determinatie (5138): Eric Gouda (2012-08-06) =Puya weberbaueri
- The probem here is that 5138 is Puya weberbaueri, but the others are not the same species!