5397 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2010-01-12|
(Dimensie: 1530 x 2050 pixels - Teller: 11076)
Verzamel locatie: Peru - Cuzco - Machu Picchu historical sanctuary
Fotograaf: Steven Heathcote (Verzonden: email@example.com)
Determinatie: in behandeling
(Klik op de foto om te vergroten)
- Opmerking: Eric Gouda (2010-01-12) - Seems to be close to one of the Tillandsia like Vriesea, like Vriesea hitchcockiana. It could be new. (Verzonden: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Opmerking: Peter Tristram (2010-01-14) - I don't think this is Vr hitchcockiana - wrong life zone for starters. I saw it too, in the trees as well and considered it could be a Vriesea like patula or a Tillandsia (relative of?) rusbyi or barthlottii. I would like to see its flowers. I don't imagine it would be undescribed given where it grows but you never know! Unfortunately I don't have it in cultivation. Peter (Verzonden: email@example.com)
- Opmerking: Walter Till (2010-01-14) - I agree!
- Opmerking: Eric Gouda (2010-01-14) - Dear Walter, on what name do you agree?
Was it on what Peter said, or me? (Verzonden: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Determinatie: HEL (2010-01-15) =Vriesea sp. S.L.
- I dont recognise it. Not V. hitchcockiana which among others things has conspicuously exserted sepals. Hard to tell; are the leaves soft or rigid? (Verzonden: email@example.com)
- Opmerking: Steven Heathcote (2010-01-15) - I dont have any information other than the pictures, the plant was growing about 20ft above the ground in a busy area so the photos were the best I could do. I had no idea the plant would prove so interesting or I would have spent a bit longer trying to collect information about it.
- Opmerking: Peter Tristram (2010-01-16) - Harry, it has velvety leathery leaves, not rigid like hitchcockiana. I'll look for a photo of it. Peter (Verzonden: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Opmerking: Casper (2010-01-20) - I find it very interesting too. It reminds me of another \"still must hav\" - see b+w photo of T.guanacastensis, Bromeliad Lexicon, ill. 105. (Different zone) (Verzonden: email@example.com)
- Determinatie: HEL (2010-01-20) =Vriesea sp.
- FYI. Tillandsia guancastensis is Racinaea contorta, a very different plant. (Verzonden: firstname.lastname@example.org)