5475 - Bromeliads (Garden) - 2010-02-04|
(Dimension: 2072 x 1578 pixels - Counter: 12811)
Locality: COLOMBIA S.A - Collected in the wild at medium altitude (1400m)
Photographer: IGNACIO MORENO (Sent: email@example.com)
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Add Note: Charles E. DIlls (2010-02-04) - Beautiful plant.
Probably an Aechmea, of course. ---Chas--- (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification: HEL (2010-02-05) =resembles Aechmea stenosepala from Vaupes
- Also resembles Aechmea serrata! How about more info regarding source. HEL (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification: tenman (2010-02-08) =Aechmea serrata?
- Add Note: Kerry Tate (2010-02-08) - I agree it looks like what us Aussies used to call Ae. serrata, but which we have been led to believe is actually Ae. smithiorum - is this correct? KT.
- Add Note: Derek Butcher (2010-02-08) - KT
Only if it is found in the Antilles and not in the middle of Colombia, and has spines on the primary bracts. I go for Harry's first guess.
Gallery Manager: Eric Gouda
This FloraPix Gallery is hosted at the University Utrecht Botanical Gardens