5529 - Bromeliads (Garden) - 2010-03-10|
(Dimension: 480 x 650 pixels - Counter: 9130)
Aechmea 'Tropic Torch'
(Uploaded as: Aechmea colombiana ?)
Locality: from a nursery
Photographer: Matthias Asmuss
Note: we have a show this week and I would like to
put a proximity of a name ... who can help, I put another picture
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Identification (5519): Matthias Asmuss (2010-03-23) =Aechmea 'Tropic Torch'
- on the show in Venezuela I was told this name and compared it with pictures in fcbs.org (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification (5519): Harry E. Luther (2010-03-24) =Aechmea 'tropic Tourch'
- I agree, hybrid made at Bullis Bromeliads in Miami, FL. area I believe. HEL (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification (5519): Matthias Asmuss (2010-03-24) =Aechmea 'Tropic Torch'
- the name of the plant is written in fcbs.org Aechmea 'Tropic Torch' and not 'tropic Tourch' and I would just copy it from fcbs or change the one in fcbs (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Add Note (5519): Uncle Derek (2010-03-25) - Regrettably with Cultivars once a name has been registered the spelling does not change unlike species. To think the label could also be written 'Tropic Touch'!!! Check Cultivar Register published 1998 for 'Tropic Torch' (Sent: email@example.com)
Gallery Manager: Eric Gouda
This FloraPix Gallery is hosted at the University Utrecht Botanical Gardens