1890 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2008-01-21|
(Dimension: 1530 x 2050 pixels - Counter: 10210)
Racinaea sp. B
Photographer: Ken Marks
Note: Unidentified racinaea from top of Auyan-Tepui (1700m), Bolivar state, Venezuela.
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Add Note: Eric Gouda (2008-01-21) - It seems to be one of the species of the R.spiculosa complex
- Add Note: Harry Luther (2008-01-22) - Dito: Prob. Racinaea spiculosa.
- Add Note: Harry Luther (2008-01-22) - Racinaea spiculosa var. micrantha. HEL
- Add Note: Walter Till (2008-01-22) - Racinaea spiculosa despite of the pendent inflorescence
- Add Note: Matthias Asmuss (2008-02-06) - R. spiculosa: the capsules are tearing down the whole spike (=pendant inflorescence) but who can tell if we deal with var. spiculosa or var. micrantha ? If I revise the descriptions micrantha has more spotted leaves than spiculosa does and the identification should be var. micrantha ?
Gallery Manager: Eric Gouda
This FloraPix Gallery is hosted at the University Utrecht Botanical Gardens