9758 - Bromeliads (Garden) - 2012-03-03|
(Dimension: 731 x 892 pixels - Counter: 11934)
(Uploaded as: Tillandsia ? gilliesii)
Photographer: Andrew Flower
Note: Original plants grown from seed ex BSI seed bank 1987, labelled "Tillandsia gilliesii dwarf'. Leaf structure seems abnormal for gilliesii? (Sent: email@example.com)
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Add Note (9759): Andrew Flower (2012-03-03) - Originally from seed ex BSI seed-bank in 1987.
- Identification (9759): Uwe (2012-03-03) =Tillandsia recurvata
- Add Note (9759): Andrew Flower (2012-03-03) - I find it difficult to see this plant as T. recurvata!
ta.... petal shape is not flared, floral bracts much larger and enclose sepals, and mature growths don't clump like recurvata for example.... (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Add Note (9759): Andrew Flower (2012-03-03) - Oops... just realised I had this taxon up for id on Casus 6103 (October 2010) and Walter id=T. myosura. Apologies for wasting time! (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification (9759): Walter Till (2012-03-05) =Tillandsia mandonii
- This is what I call T. mandonii: a soft leaved relative of T. myosura
Gallery Manager: Eric Gouda
This FloraPix Gallery is hosted at the University Utrecht Botanical Gardens