5649 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2010-05-25|
(Dimension: 830 x 650 pixels - Counter: 12570)
Tillandsia tenuifolia var alba
Locality: Venezuela - Miranda - Caracas - in an university area
Photographer: Matthias Asmuss
Note: could be another variety of tenuifolia; shortly handed over some living samples to the Botanical Garden in Caracas (Sent: email@example.com)
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Identification: HEL (2010-05-26) =Same as Elton Lemes T. candida?
- Also approaching T. tenu. var vaginata. There are alot of these things! (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification: Matthias Asmuss (2010-05-27) =Ti tenuifolia var alba or "anynew"
- Ti candida and Ti tenuifolia var vaginata are the same according to fcbs.org; there is a painting and in Takizawa's Tillandsia Handbook you see a picture of Ti tenuifolia var vaginata showing
bracts, sepals and petals in other colour than this specimen; the specimen here has anything in green or white, typical for alba specimens (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification: Eric Gouda (2010-05-27) =Tillandsia pardoi Gouda Ined. (in press)
- This species is limited to the Caribbean and Venezuela and will be published in next Die Bromelie (DBG). It is different and isolated to all other small T.tenuifolia varieties.
Gallery Manager: Eric Gouda
This FloraPix Gallery is hosted at the University Utrecht Botanical Gardens