1962 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2008-07-08|
(Dimension: 1532 x 2050 pixels - Counter: 10332)
(Uploaded as: Guzmania)
Photographer: Jose Roque
Note: I took this picture in Chota province (Cajamarca, Peru), in cloud forest, at 3000 m. This species grows on trees.
- Identification: Eric Gouda (2008-07-08) =Guzmania gloriosa
- This is Guzmania gloriosa I think, but I did not see one with that dark purple sheath bases on the primary bracts.
- Identification: Harry Luther (2008-07-08) =Guzmania variegata
- Note: Matthias Asmuss (2008-07-08) - This plant seems to be more similar to G. squarrosa than G. variegata. At least both occur in Peru, whereas G. gloriosa would be a new species in Peru according to the FCBS database.
- Note: Allan (2008-07-09) - looks like Guz gloriosa to me?
- Identification: Jeffrey Kent (2012-09-20) =Guzmania gloriosa
- Common in Peru at this altitude (Sent: email@example.com)