10607 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2012-12-21|
(Dimension: 1530 x 2050 pixels - Counter: 8571)
(Uploaded as: Pitcainia spec.)
Locality: Honduras - Lempira - Near river between Santa Rosa and Gracias.
Photographer: Reino Koopmans (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Identification: Matthias Asmuss (2012-12-22) =Hechtia or Puya sp
- dry inflorescence makes it difficult to see whether we deal with Hechtia dichroantha or malvernii; since the spikes of the inflorescence are quite long it could be Puya floccosa, but this would be new for Honduras (Sent: email@example.com)
- Note: Reino Koopmans (2012-12-22) - The inflorescence is 180 cm long. (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Note: Reino Koopmans (2012-12-22) - Leaves 90 cm long, 4 cm wide at the base. spines 3 mm long, with 12,5 mm distance from each other. (Sent: email@example.com)
- Note (10608): Andy Siekkinen (2012-12-22) - Looks like a good fit for H. malvernii (males).
- Identification (10608): Eric Gouda (2013-01-22) =Hechtia guatemalensis
- I think it better fits Hechtia guatemalensis (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Note (10609): Reino Koopmans (2013-03-20) - In the axil of the spikes are distinct white trichomes.
It is a female plant with capsules of 4, 5 mm long. (Sent: email@example.com)