10153 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2012-07-29|
(Dimension: 2030 x 1550 pixels - Counter: 10948)
Tillandsia aff. zoquensis
(Uploaded as: Tillandsia spec.)
Locality: Honduras - Lempira - Border of N.P Celaque
Photographer: Reino Koopmans
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Note (10152): Reino Koopmans (2012-07-29) - Leaves 20 cm long.
In open pine wood, dry.
It was in the tree, about 2,5 meter high. (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification (10152): HEL (2012-07-30) =T. rhomboidea (syn=T. acostae)
- Identification (10158): Eric Gouda (2012-07-31) =Tillandsia rhomboidea
- Identification (10158): Eric Gouda (2012-11-21) =Tillandsia aff. zoquensis
- Interestingly this is not close to T.rhomboidea. Floral bracts sub-orbicular, 4 cm long, apiculate, strongly incurved and carinate apex, 4-5x the internodes; Sepals narr.ovate 34x11 mm, obtuse, adaxial ones ca 20 mm connate. Up to now it is the closest to T.zoquensis but less dense spike and less incurved bracts, could be described as new, but first it has to be compared with the T.fasciculatas growing in the area (Sent: email@example.com)