5649 - Bromeliads (Wild) - 2010-05-25|
(Dimension: 830 x 650 pixels - Counter: 12433)
Tillandsia tenuifolia var alba
Locality: Venezuela - Miranda - Caracas - in an university area
Photographer: Matthias Asmuss
Note: could be another variety of tenuifolia; shortly handed over some living samples to the Botanical Garden in Caracas (Sent: email@example.com)
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
- Identification: HEL (2010-05-26) =Same as Elton Lemes T. candida?
- Also approaching T. tenu. var vaginata. There are alot of these things! (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification: Matthias Asmuss (2010-05-27) =Ti tenuifolia var alba or "anynew"
- Ti candida and Ti tenuifolia var vaginata are the same according to fcbs.org; there is a painting and in Takizawa's Tillandsia Handbook you see a picture of Ti tenuifolia var vaginata showing
bracts, sepals and petals in other colour than this specimen; the specimen here has anything in green or white, typical for alba specimens (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification: Eric Gouda (2010-05-27) =Tillandsia pardoi Gouda Ined. (in press)
- This species is limited to the Caribbean and Venezuela and will be published in next Die Bromelie (DBG). It is different and isolated to all other small T.tenuifolia varieties.