11180 - B.G.Utrecht (Garden) - 2013-10-30|
(Dimension: 1530 x 2050 pixels - Counter: 3940)
Locality: Madeira Island my garden
Photographer: Rick Martin
Note: awaiting first flowers. (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification (11179): Eric Gouda (2013-10-30) =Aechmea moorii
- I want to see it in a later stage, but certainly not A.cucullata (which is pink). Members of this group are difficult to distinguish and natural hybrids are making it even more complex. Thinking in the direction of A.manzanaresiana, tessmanii or A.moorii. The later has long stipes and few flowered spikes. (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification (11179): Rick Martin (2013-10-30) =Aechmea manzanaresiana
- Am tending towards Aechmea manzanaresiana as described by Luther in 1988. See his paper. also a natural hybrid Orange River? (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification (11179): Walter Till (2013-10-31) =Aechmea "Orange River"
- Note (11179): Rick Martin (2013-10-31) - Luther mentions Orange River as a natural hybrid found in the province of Orellana in 88' thiought to be a A. tessmannii x A. manzanaresiana nat. hybrid (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Note (11179): Rick Martin (2013-10-31) - fcbs have Orange River as a A.cucullata X A. retusa nat. hybrid?
- Note (11179): Rick Martin (2013-10-31) - See also "Little Harry" Gallery 10988 curious.
- Note (11179): Rick Martin (2013-10-31) - That's Aechmea 'Little Harv' cv. of chantinii