10101 - Bromeliads (Garden) - 2012-07-24|
(Dimension: 1406 x 2050 pixels - Counter: 5939)
Hohenbergia cf magnispina
(Uploaded as: Billbergia )
Locality: Naples, Florida, USA
Photographer: hetty ford
- Identification: Uwe (2012-07-25) =Hohenbergia sp.
- This gorgeous plant is widely grown with the name H. leopoldo-horstii, but in my opinion, this is the wrong name. Teeth and scales are too large. I couldn't find a suitable name for it yet. (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification (10100): HEL (2012-07-25) =Hohenbergia cf magnispina
- These small bottle-shaped hohenbergias are becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish. Hort. hybrids? Or one or more variable taxa selected by horticulturist? (Sent: email@example.com)
- Note (10100): Uwe (2012-08-05) - The protologue says for H. magnispina: "spines triangular, prevailingly retrorsely uncinate, blackish toward the apex". I can't see that in this plant. It is also not depending on the cultivation conditions.