11870 - Bromeliads (Garden) - 2014-11-17|
(Dimension: 1154 x 2050 pixels - Counter: 7158)
(Uploaded as: Unknown )
Photographer: Chris Larson
Note: A plant grown from seed many years ago. Do not know source. (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification: Uwe (2014-11-17) =Puya sp.
- Exciting yellow flowers! Is there an image of the plant? (Sent: email@example.com)
- Identification (11872): Walter Till (2014-11-18) =Puya chilensis
- The quite small size of your plant is no obstacle to identify it as such
- Note (11872): Chris Larson (2014-11-18) - Thanks Walter. I just contacted the collector of the seed. He said he thinks he collected it without seeing flowers in inland southern Peru at around 2500 metres. (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identification (11871): Uncle Derek (2014-11-19) =Puya boliviensis
- Wile this does look subgenus Puya it seems closer to P boliviensis with its lax inflorescence and tomentose sepals. It does not look typical P boliviensis and Zizka does report natural hybrids. I will send latest publications to Chris so he can do some butchering! (Sent: email@example.com)
- Note (11871): Eric Gouda (2015-02-16) - Can you make a specimen?